Harcourts Real Estate Training Centre (HRETC) is committed to providing a fair and equitable extension policy for all students undertaking nationally recognised training and assessment.
The policy applies to all Harcourts Real Estate Training Centre (HRETC) students and staff involved in the provision of education and training products and services to students and other stakeholders. The policy applies to all students undertaking nationally accredited vocational educating and training (VET) courses with HRETC. This policy is to provide fair and reasonable guidelines for the granting of an extensions to a student for their course of study and/or assessment. HRETC recognises that on occasion, students may require additional time to complete their course and related assessments. To cater to the needs of our students this policy outlines the options of an extension. Students access to Moodle will be deactivated (Suspended) on the date the course expires unless a student has applied for an extension.
Subject to Government stipulations as to course availability periods, you are entitled to a maximum of three (3) extensions and your total Extension Period cannot exceed three (3) months.
All applications for an extension must be made in writing, outlining the reasons why an extension is needed. The extension request must be sent seven (7) days before the Course Expiry Date.
Applications for an extension must be emailed to email@example.com
The process for applying for an extension is:
- Students must apply in writing to the HRETC Operations Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org outlining the reasons for the extension request or by phoning the Student Experience team on 1300 024 401.
- The HRETC Operations Administrator will review the student’s reasons for the request in line with this policy and examine the students’ progress to decide on whether to grant the request. The HRETC Operations Administrator may contact the student to discuss the request before making the decision.
- Students will be notified in writing within five business days where a course extension has been granted.
- Students will have 48 hrs to respond to the approval and process payment. Access to the course will be reinstated when the extension has been financially managed. If the student does not respond to the approval within the 48-hr timeframe, the request will be denied.
- A fee of $100 (inclusive of GST) will apply every time an extension is applied for, not exceeding a (3) month extension period.
If HRETC approves your application for an extension, HRETC will advise you in writing of your new Course Expiry Date. Please note -Payment for the extension application must be paid within 48hrs (2 days) of HRETC’s written approval. Once payment has been processed, the Extension Period will be added to your original Course Expiry Date. If you have not submitted all your assessments by the new Course Expiry Date (and unless you have applied for, and we have approved a further extension) your enrolment will be terminated by HRETC and we will issue you with a SOA for any Units of Competency you have successfully completed up to the new Course Expiry Date.
If the course extension or assessment resubmission extension does not meet the requirements of this policy the HRETC Operations Administrator will deny the request for extension or re-submission and advise the student in writing within five business days outlining the reasons the request was denied.
If the request for extension is received after the course completion date, the student will be required to re-enol in the course for an additional re-enrolment fee.