Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice – CPP41419
This course provides you with a full Certificate IV qualification in Real Estate Practice to work in real estate in South Australia
Whether you are an established sales agent, property manager, or just starting in the industry, this course provides you with a full Certificate IV qualification in Real Estate Practice plus additional competencies to further enhance your knowledge and skills to work in real estate in South Australia.
Powered by the Harcourts real estate brand this qualification will also provide you with the knowledge and skills to conduct property sales by auction once you register as an auctioneer with Consumer and Business Services.
Industry endorsed and supported; you will receive a CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice qualification recognised by the industry.
State or territory licensing requirements may apply to this unit.
The Course Covers
Concession available for Harcourts Team Members, please contact the Student Experience Team for more information.
* Note: The Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice is not a registration requirement by Consumer and Business Services, however, obtaining this qualification will provide you with the registration requirements for sales representative, property manager and auctioneer. If you do not require all three registrations, we have other shorter courses which may be more appropriate for your circumstances. Contact our Student Experience Team or state-based trainer to determine the best training pathway for you so we can assist with your career goals.
Units of Competency
The course consists of twenty-eight (28) Units of Competency which form the Qualification CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice.
- CPPREP4001 Prepare for professional practice in real estate
- CPPREP4002 Access and interpret ethical practice in real estate
- CPPREP4003 Access and interpret legislation in real estate
- CPPREP4004 Establish marketing and communication profiles in real estate
- CPPREP4005 Prepare to work with real estate trust accounts.
- CPPREP4101 Appraise property for sale or lease
- CPPREP4102 Market property
- CPPREP4103 Establish vendor relationships
- CPPREP4104 Establish buyer relationships
- CPPREP4105 Sell property
- CPPREP4121 Establish landlord relationships
- CPPREP4122 Manage tenant relationships
- CPPREP4123 Manage tenancy
- CPPREP4124 End tenancy
- CPPREP4161 Undertake pre-auction processes
- CPPREP4162 Conduct and complete sale by auction
- CPPREP4163 Complete post-auction processes and contract execution
- CPPREP4201 Appraise commercial property
- CPPREP4204* Establish commercial property lease
- CPPREP4233* Manage lessee relationships – commercial
- CPPREP4235* End commercial property lease
- CPPREP4261* Appraise business for sale
- CPPREP4264* Manage the sales process in business broking
- CPPREP4503* Present at hearings in real estate
- CPPREP4504* Deliver presentations to clients in real estate
- BSBTWK301* Use Inclusive work practices
- CPPREP5007* Develop a strategic business plan in the property industry
- CPPREP5008* Market the property agency
* The following units of competency CPPREP4204, CPPREP4233, CPPREP4235, CPPREP4261, CPPREP4264, CPPREP4503, CPPREP4504, CPPREP5007, CPPREP5008, BSBTWK301 are not part of the CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice, however these additional units are a requirement of Consumer and Business Services for those individuals applying for the sales and/or property management registration. Students who successfully complete these units will receive a separate Statement of Attainment containing these units in addition to their CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice.
This course provides the educational qualification required to work as a real estate salesperson, property manager and auctioneer. The course gives students an introduction to sales, property management, auctioning property for sale and the responsibilities required for working in the real estate industry.
- Hold a Real Estate Sales Representative Registration, Property Management Representative Registration, Conduct and complete sale by auction unit competency
- Meet the eligibility requirements specified by Consumer and Business Services (CBS)
- Be employed by a Registered Land Agent
- 18+ years of age
You must satisfy the following enrolment requirements to enrol in this course:
- Hold a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Have Year 10 or above competency in English language and numeracy
- Meet the technology requirements
- Be over the age of 18 years.
Payment options for this course are either installments or a payment plan through our external provider.
The course cost is split into three (3) installments:
- Installment 1: $1,218 (payable upon enrolment)
- Installment 2: $1,216 (payable 4-weeks after enrolment)
- Installment 3: $1,216 (payable 8-weeks after enrolment)
Payment plans for this course can be arranged through our provider, Ezypay, assisting you to spread their course payments over a period of time. Ezypay is a subscription payment option that enables you, to create recurring direct debit payments. For details on Ezypay payment plans visit our Payment Plans page.
For full details on the payment options available please check out our payment options page or contact our Student Experience Team.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Harcourts Real Estate Training Centre offers RPL to all students. RPL is an assessment process that recognises your current skill and knowledge gained from previous education and training and work and life experience. If you believe you have any of the skill or knowledge covered in this course, you should contact our Student Experience Team on 1300 024 401.
The course is delivered and assessed online. You will have 24 months from the enrolment date to undertake study, research and complete your assessments. The flexibility of our course structure means that you could be completed much sooner if you have the time to invest in your studies.
Online Student Portal
Training and assessment are undertaken by logging onto our online Student Portal. The Student Portal is where all your learning materials, resources, discussion forums, support and assessments are located. Everything you need to complete your course is in the Student Portal. All materials and support are included in the cost of the course.
Assessment Marking Time-frames
Harcourts Real Estate Training Centre aims to provide assessment results as soon as possible. All assessments will be marked and results available to students within five business days after submission. If marking time-frames are likely to exceed this time (due to peak demand, holiday periods, unforeseeable circumstances etc.), affected students will be advised by email with an estimated time for marking of their assessment.
Statement of Attainment
When students successfully complete all assessments and requirements for each unit in their course they will be issued with a Statement of Attainment listing each completed unit. A copy of this document is required by CBS when you apply for your South Australian Real Estate Representative Registration.