New South Wales Assistant Agent FAQs

Below you will find some helpful answers to frequently asked questions for the NSW Assistant Agent Course.

People that have a current COR (CPP40307) can either apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) against the 5 Core units from the Assistant Agent course (if eligible) and enroll in the remaining 13 units through your choice of enrolment (Clusters or the full Certificate IV). Or, apply for RPL against the complete CPP41419 – Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice (requires a minimum of 12 months in the industry)

A person who holds a certificate as an Assistant Agent must obtain the Class 2 licence. After 4 years, the Assistant Agent certificate will lapse. Unless a person is not undertaking real estate functions as outlined in the legislation, there is no requirement for them to hold a licence or Certificate of Registration.

No. The period of 4 years provides ample time to complete the qualification, with a buffer for time away from work due to health, family, or other reasons. This timeframe has been stipulated by the New South Wales licencing authority – NSW Fair-trading and will not be extended.

You will still be required to complete a Certificate IV. You may request ‘Recognition of Prior Learning’. Please contact the Student Experience Team for more information.

Assistant Agents: As a minimum requirement, you must complete at least (3) units from the relevant CPP41419-Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice

Class 2 Licence Holders: You will need to complete CPD on an annual basis, starting on 23 March each year. (Elective and Compulsory)

If you do not comply with your CPD requirements, your Certificate may be suspended.

Got Questions?

Submit the form below and someone from our Student Experience Team will be in touch!
Scroll to Top

Want to get on the waitlist for one of our new courses?

Submit the form below and someone from our Student Experience Team will be in touch!