Interested in conducting auctions as a method of sale?
This is the course for you.
The Auctioneering Course is ideal for those interested in expanding their real estate business into the specialist field of auctioneering.
Powered by the Harcourts real estate brand the course provides you with the knowledge and skills to manage the process of marketing and auctioning properties for sale. This course provides three educational units of competency from CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice. You will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised by the industry.
The unit applies to industry professionals in real estate. State or territory licensing requirements may apply to this unit.
The Course Covers
- The skills and knowledge required to prepare a strategy for auctioning property
- Liaising with sellers and sales agents and maintaining client confidentiality
- Reviewing and confirming a contract
- Identifying and documenting property details
- Matters that impact on property values and disclosure requirements
- Understanding the role, responsibilities and risks of an auctioneer
- Managing seller price expectations, interpreting market data and establishing a price range
- Preparing for auction day and for in rooms auction of multiple properties
- Setting a reserve price with sellers
- The skills and knowledge to access, interpret and apply written instruction for the auction
- Preparing a hazard free area for the auction and opening the auction
- Presenting the auction terms and conditions according to legislative requirements
- Identifying bidders and calculating bidder increments during the call
- Managing bidding on behalf of the seller, pausing the bidding, and seeking instruction
- Handling questions from potential buyers and unpredictable problems
- Passing a property in and negotiating the sale post auction
- Identifying successful bidders and following process for selling under the hammer
- Confirming authority of bidders, completing contracts of agreement, and obtaining a deposit
- Maintaining records of auction according to legislative requirements
- Adhering to ethical standards, legislation and regulation covering the sale of property by auction
Concession available for Harcourts Team Members, please contact the Student Experience Team for more information.
Units of Competency
The course consists of three (3) units of competency which are taken from the qualification CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice.
|CPPREP4161||Undertake pre-auction processes|
|CPPREP4162||Conduct and complete sale by auction|
|CPPREP4163||Complete post-auction process and contract execution|
Upon completion of these units, you will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised by the real estate industry.
This course provides the educational requirements required to conduct auctioneering as a method of sale and the processes within a real estate business to be an auctioneer.
Please note that to work in real estate as a salesperson, you must:
- Be 18+ years of age
- Be competent in all units of competency
- Meet the eligibility requirements specified by your States Licensing Authority
You must satisfy the following enrolment requirements to enrol in this course:
- Hold a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Have Year 10 or above competency in English language and numeracy
- Meet the technology requirements
- Be over the age of 18 years.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Harcourts Real Estate Training Centre offers RPL to all students. RPL is an assessment process that recognises your current skill and knowledge gained from previous education and training and work and life experience. If you believe you have any of the skill or knowledge covered in this course, you should contact our Student Experience Team on 1300 024 401.
Payment plans for this course can be arranged through our provider, Ezypay, assisting you to spread their course payments over a period of time. Ezypay is a subscription payment option that enables you, to create recurring direct debit payments. For details on Ezypay payment plans visit our Payment Plans page.
For full details on the payment options available please check out our payment options page or contact our Student Experience Team
The course is delivered and assessed online. You will have 6 months from the enrolment date to undertake study, research and complete your assessments. The flexibility of our course structure means that you could be completed much sooner if you have the time to invest in your studies.
Online Student Portal
Training and assessment are undertaken by logging onto our online Student Portal. The Student Portal is where all your learning materials, resources, discussion forums, support and assessments are located. Everything you need to complete your course is in the Student Portal. All materials and support are included in the cost of the course.
Assessment Marking Time-frames
Harcourts Real Estate Training Centre aims to provide assessment results as soon as possible. All assessments will be marked and results available to students within five business days after submission. If marking time-frames are likely to exceed this time (due to peak demand, holiday periods, unforeseeable circumstances etc.), affected students will be advised by email with an estimated time for marking of their assessment.
Statement of Attainment
When students successfully complete all assessments and requirements for the units in this course they will be issued with a Statement of Attainment listing the completed unit.